lundi 13 juin 2016

Dinky - Casa (CRM163)

Chilean born and berlin based Dinky has forged a solid and illustrious career over the past decade. 'Casa' announces her new album set for release on Damian Lazarus's Crosstown Rebels this autumn, with remixes from Axel Boman and Satori.


A trained classical guitarist, singer and keyboard player that has held a DJ residency at Berlin's infamous Panorama Bar since 2004, Dinky's sixth album, also titled 'Casa' will be the first since the birth of her two children. 'Casa is an acid vocal love song. It translates as house in spanish, not because it's a house album but because it was recorded in my house in Berlin whilst I was pregnant with my second son. I had to stay home (mainly in bed) for months due to a medical risk. Those were very scary times for me and my family as we were told we could lose him. It was a such difficult journey but I decided not to get down, but to channel my energy into writing music.'


Dinky's delicate vocal on 'Casa' is both uptempo and spacious, with infusions of acid, leftfield and electronica in its veins. Axel Boman delivers a stunning, emotive and epic nine and a half minute dub version, overlaid with spoken words samples referring to lost experiences. The Swedish born producer is much-lauded for his releases on DJ Koze's Pampa, Permanent Vacation and his own imprint, Studio Barnhus, formed with Kornel Kovacs and Petter Nordkvist of Border Community. While the hedonistic take from Satori
takes 'Casa' up beyond the horizon. A future Crosstown Rebels artist, Satori  has released on 8bit Records, Under Your Skin and Bla Bla Records.


'For me it's a very honest project and Damian loved it so I was more than happy to work with him again. Dinky enthuses on the long friendship that they have shared. 'After taking a few years of intense touring, I felt ready to tour again and release my sixth album. Many of the songs were written for my sons, my husband, motherhood, love and also things that were happening in the world at the time'


'Casa' sees a return to form for Dinky and a welcome return to the Crosstown imprint, after releasing a single and a mix album for the pioneering label.


Tracklist:
1.Casa
2. Casa (Satori Remix)
4. Casa (Axel Boman Dub Mix)


Released: 08/07/2016
Cat#: CRM163
Distribution: Above Board

LINK TO THE TRACKS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire