jeudi 18 août 2016

Dinky - Valor (CRMCD033)

'Valor' tells a deeply personal narrative for Chilean born and Berlin based DJ and producer Dinky, made during a period where her life was in danger, her sixth album acts as a pinnacle to her steadfast and illustrious career and brought on a momentous change to her personal journey.


Esteemed for her decade long DJ residency at Berlin's imfamous Panorama Bar and past productions on labels such as Cocoon, Visionquest and Crosstown Rebels, Dinky AKA Alejandra Iglesias is a trained classical guitarist, singer and keyboard player. Her voice is an anchor to 'Valor', it's crisp definition loaded with intensity.


Tracks such as the driving single 'Casa' called out by US giants NPR for it's 'gorgeously layered vocals' and the fragile layers of guitar and synths on cuts like 'Milk' make bold unions between electronics and Dinky's live instrumentation. 'Valor' is undoubtedly a feminine creation, yet speaks with a power and strength of a woman with a clear sense of direction and flows with a subtle energy of potent potential.

'Valor in Spanish means "courage" but it's also the first letters of both my sons Valentin and Orlando combined', explains Dinky. 'This album is a personal journey through motherhood and pregnancy as an artist. My life took an 180 degrees turn after my first son was born in 2014. I was labelled a high risk, and with the new pregnancy again in 2015 with my younger boy I was ordered to stay in bed for more than 3 months, otherwise the risk of losing him was too high. My husband built a studio for me in the corner of our bedroom, he took care of everything and I just tried to stay as quiet as possible. Every little pain or movement I dreaded losing my son'.


'At the beginning I felt completely depressed lying in bed staring at my belly but I decided to challenge my energy and write this album. I wrote it in a total pregnant state for my husband and sons, by the time I was 8 months I could barely sustain notes and my singing was a little rusty but it was personal and came from an important part of my heart'.


Damian Lazarus and Dinky have been friends for many years, leading to many singles and compilations on his Crosstown Rebels label in the past. 'We have worked together on some pretty special projects in that time, but this new album is by far the most exciting yet. Combining her beautiful voice and expert musical knowledge and ability, she has delivered her most captivating and beautiful music yet, music that transcends genre, that takes you to a place that only a woman with her creativity and abstract yet familiar musical thought patterns could deliver. This really is a special moment for me and for Crosstown Rebels to be lucky enough to release such a unique and special record'.

Tracklist:
1. Casa
2. Cut
3. Lackers
4. Milk
5. Shooting Bodies (Acid)
6. Slowly
7. Valentino
8. Wait
9. Wakame

Released: 30/09/2016
Cat#: CRMCD033
Distribution: Above Board

LINK TO THE TRACKS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire