vendredi 24 mars 2017

Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons - I Found You (CRM178)

Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons return to Crosstown Rebels with the iconic I Found You , remixed by Black Coffee and former resident of Trouw Patrice Bäumel.

Lazarus closed his Day Zero festival with I Found You  back in Jnauary, and since then it has become one of the most requested tracks. His magical live projecy The Ancient Moons was first unleashed in 2014 with Lover's Eyes (mohe Pi Ki najariya) and followed in 2015 by the highly acclaimed album, A Message From The Other Side, co-produced with James Ford. Since then, Damian Lazarus & The Ancient Moons have travelled the world with their highly immersive live show, supported Roisin Murphy on tour and played at Glastonbury Festival and Melt! among others.


The Fader labelled The Ancient Moons "a journey into techno's dreamiest recesses" and the four pieces have been continually shrouded in mystery. Last year Lazarus and his collection of musicians retreated into the Italian countryside and started to work on new and self-produced material. The Ancient Moons brings together Zulu on vocals, Ben Chetwood on electronics and Rob Gentry on the keys. I Found You is the first fruit of their labor. Continuing a path first started by the band's anthemic single Vermillion, I Found You is intensely soulful, warm and paired with anthemic vocals from singer Zulu. This is the first of a string of tracks from the band in 2017.


Lazarus comments "This is the first time I've created music in a band situation and I loved every moment of it. I decided to make the new music as a collective and the four of us have created magic. The energy that we enjoyed from beginning to end of this process was electric."


Tracklist:
1. I Found You
2. I Found You (Black Coffee Journey Remix)
3. I Found You (Patrice Bäumel Remix)


Released: 28/04/2017
Cat#: CRM178
Distribution: Above Board


LINK TO THE TRACKS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire